Position: Vehicle Salesperson
Reports to: Sales Manager
Position Summary: The Vehicle Salesperson is directly responsible for selling new Chevrolet, new Mitsubishi and Used vehicles meeting gross profit, volume and customer satisfaction standards. Must present a professional appearance and professional communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine each customer’s vehicle needs by asking pertinent questions and carefully listening.
- Demonstrate vehicles, including test drives. Test drives are a requirement of the Company.
- Properly introduce new customers to the Service facilities and to the appropriate Service personnel.
- Deliver new vehicles to customers. Ensure customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty and maintenance schedule while laying the foundation for customer loyalty.
- Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Utilize the CRM (Customer Relations Management) System that is provided to you. Meet daily, weekly and monthly expectations with customer communication.
- Keep informed of new products, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits to customers. (McClinton Million Warranty, DotTrak, ProMax Sealant, Extended Service Contracts, etc.)
- Review with the Sales Manager monthly objectives, weekly activities and daily planned activities.
- Understand the terminology of the automobile business, be informed on technological changes in the products and be able to communicate to customers.
- Report any vehicle lot damage or any problem with a vehicle to the Sales Manager immediately.
- Know and understand federal, state and local laws which govern retail auto sales.
- Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Educational: High school diploma or the equivalent.
Special Skills (i.e., licenses, certifications): Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to sell a minimum quota according to facility standards. Ability to use personal computer applications including word processing and spreadsheet software. Current valid driver’s license and state sales license.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud. Occasionally requires the ability to lift 20 pounds of material. Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle dealership. Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
For over 100 years, McClinton Auto Group has called the Mid-Ohio Valley home. Now in our fourth generation of family ownership, we are growing and looking for candidates to help our top-rated Service Department. We are proud of the history of success since our founding in 1915 and of the people who make this company a successful organization. It is our continuing intent to provide our employees and customers with a cordial atmosphere in which to work, shop and obtain expert service. We have a fun and laid-back environment. Our goal is to make your experience challenging, enjoyable, and rewarding.
We want you to come grow with us!
Job Type: Full-time
Previous Experience Preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment about race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employee Referral Program
Vehicle Purchase Off the Curb Referral Program
Lunch On Us (Special Occasions and Thank you)
Annual Car Show
Annual Christmas Dinner
Roger Brown Body Shop Scholarship
Personal Identity Theft Protection Plan (for you and your household)
Proficiency Bonus Program (Technicians)
Bonus Program (Service Advisors)
Bonus Programs (Sales)
Alt Schedule (Salesman Benefit)
On-site and Off-site Training
Mitsubishi Employee Discount (AT&T)
After sixty (60) days of employment:
- $10,000 life insurance policy as no cost to the employee.
- Automatic Paycheck Deposit
- Benefits offered through payroll deduction
- Health Insurance Options
Bronze OR Silver Plan – Silver Plan includes Account (HRA) funded yearly by the owner. ($750)
American Fidelity Insurance options available, including Disability, Cancer, Accident, Life, and Flex paid via payroll deduction.
- Paid Bi-Weekly
After ninety (90) days of employment (starting January 2022):
- Prorated sick/personal days
After one year of employment:
- One Week Paid Vacation
- 5 sick/personal days
- Retirement plans available
- 401K - Owner Match 2%