Car Washer (Detail Shop)
Position: Car Washer
Reports to: Detail Leader
Position Description: The Car Washer cleans vehicles for the New and Used lots, Service, and Body Shop (as needed). Helps check in new vehicles and inspects for any damage and documents when necessary. Assists in property maintenance and other company projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive automatic and manual transmission vehicles from the body shop to the wash bay area.
- Wash vehicle exterior, using power sprayers and other water hoses, cleaning solution, cloths, and brushes.
- Apply wax to auto body, and wipe or buff surface to protect surface and preserve shine, using cloth or buffing equipment/machine.
- Vacuum interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris, using vacuum cleaner.
- Keep wash areas and equipment always maintained and ready to keep up with the demand of vehicles waiting to be washed.
- Clean upholstery, rugs, and other surfaces, using cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devises.
- Clean engine and engine compartment with steam-cleaning equipment and various cleaning agents to remove grease and grime.
- Drive vehicle back to the body shop area when it is complete for delivery.
- Maintain trash cleanup in and around buildings and grounds as requested by management.
- Apply Pro Max sealant to specified vehicles
- Communicate with Sales, Service and Body Shop
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple reports. Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one with customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach with hands and arms, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and to talk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, hazardous and non-hazardous materials. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
For over 100 years, McClinton Auto Group has called the Mid-Ohio Valley home. Now in our fourth generation of family ownership, we are growing and looking for candidates to help our top-rated Service Department. We are proud of the history of success since our founding in 1915 and of the people who make this company a successful organization. It is our continuing intent to provide our employees and customers with a cordial atmosphere in which to work, shop and obtain expert service. We have a fun and laid-back environment. Our goal is to make your experience challenging, enjoyable, and rewarding.
We want you to come grow with us!
Job Type: Full-time
Previous Experience Preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment about race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employee Referral Program
Vehicle Purchase Off the Curb Referral Program
Lunch On Us (Special Occasions and Thank you)
Annual Car Show
Annual Christmas Dinner
Roger Brown Body Shop Scholarship
Personal Identity Theft Protection Plan (for you and your household)
Proficiency Bonus Program (Technicians)
Bonus Program (Service Advisors)
Bonus Programs (Sales)
Alt Schedule (Salesman Benefit)
On-site and Off-site Training
Mitsubishi Employee Discount (AT&T)
After sixty (60) days of employment:
- $10,000 life insurance policy as no cost to the employee.
- Automatic Paycheck Deposit
- Benefits offered through payroll deduction
- Health Insurance Options
Bronze OR Silver Plan – Silver Plan includes Account (HRA) funded yearly by the owner. ($750)
American Fidelity Insurance options available, including Disability, Cancer, Accident, Life, and Flex paid via payroll deduction.
- Paid Bi-Weekly
- Paid Holidays
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Independence Day
After ninety (90) days of employment (starting January 2022):
- Prorated sick/personal days
After one year of employment:
- One Week Paid Vacation
- 5 sick/personal days
- Retirement plans available
- 401K - Owner Match 2%