Automotive Technician (Drivability)
Position: Automotive Technician (Drivability)
Reports to: Service Manager
Position Description: The Service Technician repairs vehicles of all makes and models in accordance with factory and dealership specifications using hand tools and power tools. We are a Chevrolet and Mitsubishi store and specific certified training for those manufactures will be required and provided.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform work specified on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or GM/Mitsubishi standards
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification.
- Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs.
- Explain mechanical diagnoses and required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions to stay abreast with rapidly changing technology.
- Inspect and test new vehicles and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet company's production and quality standards.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an automotive technician (automotive mechanic)
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications preferred.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment about race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Spend time in the garage in the cold and the heat depending on the time of year. Sitting, Standing, Walking, Bending, Twisting and/or stooping, Kneeling and/or Squatting, Lifting (over 50 lbs), Reaching and/or Lifting overhead, Repetitive hand/finger movement and use, Grasping/grabbing with hands, Pushing and Pulling, are all physical requirements and demands of the job on a regular basis.
- Devote himself/herself to insuring satisfaction to customers.
- Determine management, production and quality requirements by asking questions and listening.
- Attend company meetings as required.
- Maintain a follow-up system that encourages follow through with assigned projects.
- Establish personal performance goals that are consistent with company standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the business and keep abreast of technology changes in products and services.
- Know and understand the federal, state and local requirements which govern the company’s business.
- Follow lawful directions from supervisors.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Participate in performance management.
- Interact well with others and be a positive influence on employee morale.
- Uphold the company’s non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements.
- Work evening, weekend and holiday work hours as required.
- Make 100 % productivity the goal and keep as close to that as possible.
- Use factory specifications as the standard in all repair, service, and customization work.
- Provide excellent customer service for all customers whether external and internal, specifically offering dependable vehicle service.
- Receive service assignments from the service writer or service manager.
- Have the repair work finished within the allotted time. Set goals, develop skills and constantly increase efficiency skill level.
- Submit your request parts as soon as it is determined what is required for a particular job.
- Keep the service writer or service manager informed of any supplemental work that may be required or of any delays to estimated completion time as you make those determinations so the customer can receive up to date information.
- Aid service writer as needed to write work orders, conduct test rides, interact with the customer, or in any other way you are able to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a clean, efficient work area and assist in keeping the shop neat and organized.
- Make sure the proper paperwork is completed and filed after every job completion.
- Keep your technical qualifications current by finishing any required training programs.
- Take care that the vehicle is cleaner when the job is completed than when the customer dropped it off.
- Make each job thorough and complete to reduce return repairs. If the vehicle should be returned for additional work complete it quickly, correctly and cheerfully
Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations:
Current, valid driver’s license; satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR). ACE Certification required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions (including heat, cold and humidity), moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
For over 100 years, McClinton Auto Group has called the Mid-Ohio Valley home. Now in our fourth generation of family ownership, we are growing and looking for candidates to help our top-rated Service Department. We are proud of the history of success since our founding in 1915 and of the people who make this company a successful organization. It is our continuing intent to provide our employees and customers with a cordial atmosphere in which to work, shop and obtain expert service. We have a fun and laid-back environment. Our goal is to make your experience challenging, enjoyable, and rewarding.
We want you to come grow with us!
Job Type: Full-time
Previous Experience Preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment about race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employee Referral Program
Vehicle Purchase Off the Curb Referral Program
Lunch On Us (Special Occasions and Thank you)
Annual Car Show
Annual Christmas Dinner
Roger Brown Body Shop Scholarship
Personal Identity Theft Protection Plan (for you and your household)
Proficiency Bonus Program (Technicians)
Bonus Program (Service Advisors)
Bonus Programs (Sales)
Alt Schedule (Salesman Benefit)
On-site and Off-site Training
Mitsubishi Employee Discount (AT&T)
After sixty (60) days of employment:
- $10,000 life insurance policy as no cost to the employee.
- Automatic Paycheck Deposit
- Benefits offered through payroll deduction
- Health Insurance Options
- Bronze OR Silver Plan – Silver Plan includes Account (HRA) funded yearly by the owner. ($750)
- American Fidelity Insurance options available, including Disability, Cancer, Accident, Life, and Flex paid via payroll deduction.
- Paid Bi-Weekly
- Paid Holidays
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Independence Day
After ninety (90) days of employment (starting January 2022):
- Prorated sick/personal days
After one year of employment:
- One Week Paid Vacation
- 5 sick/personal days
- Retirement plans available
- 401K - Owner Match 2%